4G; Advanced Web Analytics; Community Management; Content Strategy; Customer Insight; Data Visualization; Digital Advertising + Rich Media; Digital Media Startups; E-commerce; Future of TV; Geolocation; Mobile Advertising; Mobile Commerce; Online Video; Social Media; Trends in Web Design; User Experience + Design.
Are any of these topics on your mind, impacting your business? Then we implore you to come to FutureM, an intellectual marketing mash-up in Boston, September 12 – 15. All of these subjects will be discussed and debated by some of the brightest thinkers in technology, media, academia and marketing.
There are quite a few events to choose from. Here are some that we’re particularly excited about:
A rare opportunity for Gen Y entrepreneurs or aspiring “creators” to meet with C-level execs for advice, dialog, interaction. Gen Y up-and-comers will get a chance to vet ideas, make connections, interact with founders and entrepreneurs.
Organized by The Next Great Generation, innovators on call include:
- Sean Belka, Organizer, TEDx Boston
- Lisa Desisto, General Manager, Boston.com
- Danielle Duplin, Curator, TEDx Boston
- Laura Fitton, Founder & CEO, oneforty
- Marc Gallucci, CEO, TAUNTR
- Joe Grimaldi, CEO, Mullen
- John Harthorne, Co-Founder & CEO, MassChallenge
- Dianne Hessen, President & CEO, Communispace
- Lisa Hickey, CEO & Publisher, Good Men Project
- Julianne Idlet, Founder, Cycle Kids
- Dayna Grayson, Principal, North Bridge Venture Partners
- Jeff Janer, Co-Founder & CEO, SpringPad
- Zach Braiker, CEO, Refine & Focus
- Jules Pieri, Founder & CEO, Daily Grommet
- Greg Selkoe, Founder & CEO, Karmaloop
- Robert Weisberg, Chief Marketing Officer, Zipcar
If you’re up for a hands-on, blow shit up, hack the status quo, subvert a world where the default setting is always male, and reinvent the Matrix to be as much about Trinity as it is about Neo – you’re not gonna want to miss this one. Debate with Cindy Gallop why Clay Shirky never mentions anywhere in his book the spectacular amount of cognitive surplus that’s spent on watching online porn. The speakers for this one are Farrah Bostic, Founder, Near Future Media, Brenna Hanly, Connections Planner and Mobile Catalyst, Mullen and the aforementioned Cindy Gallop, Founder & CEO, If We Ran The World.
Traditional media outlets are struggling to implement successful digital media strategies and there is a new wave of media startups paving the way in news consumption. Dive into how advertisers are keeping up with digital news. What is effective, what is not? Learn from new media startups, digital agencies and venture capitalists on what to look for in the new media realm. The event partner for this is BostInnovation and Mullen’s Chief Innovation Officer Edward Boches will be one of the featured panelists.
Opening night with:
- Cannes Lion Festival speaker and Director of Contagious – Jessica Greenwood
- The SVP, Marketing for ESPN and one of Fast Company’s 100 Most Creative People in Business – Carol Kruse
- Wired Magazine contributor and Author of The Art of Immersion – Frank Rose
- Chief Innovation Officer for VivaKi – Rishad Tobaccowala
Created by the Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange (MITX), the nation’s largest nonprofit trade association for the Internet business and marketing industry industry – and a group of leading marketing thinkers, FutureM’s 2010 debut attracted over 3,000 attendees to more than 50 events and programs. The inspiration for the event came from the distinct nature of the Massachusetts community: a thriving ecosystem of innovators in media, technology and marketing, fueled by a rich pipeline of next-generation leaders in the area’s schools.