We are seeking an executive creative director to run our MullenLowe North Carolina office.
This person will work for Mark Wenneker, chief creative officer of MullenLowe U.S., and work as a partner with Brad Higdon, president of MullenLowe Winston-Salem.
The executive creative director (ECD) inspires, nurtures, and motivates the creative department to think more conceptually. The ECD must be both a creative visionary and a skilled manager. Under his or her guidance, the work should be of consistent high quality. He or she should be able to find, recruit, and nurture talent. In addition, this person should have a facility for matching the right people with the right assignments. Beyond the work itself, the ECD also partners with the president and therefore shares an equal role in strategic development. And, like all senior agency personnel, the ECD represents MullenLowe to the industry. This person must have an incredible creative reputation and nationally recognized work. But make no mistake, this business has a million managers, and we need a hands-on creative genius, someone who likes to get their hands dirty and help make things better.
The executive creative director will be charged with plotting the course and the new vision with the president and will help lead the office in MullenLowe’s pursuit to be the world’s most creative and innovative agency.
- Providing leadership/motivation and conveying the vision and values of the agency to their group
- Overseeing creative consultations with account teams to assure appropriate creative strategies, adequacy/accuracy of input, schedules, budgets, production support, necessary reviews, and client presentations
- Recommending staffing and compensation changes
- Responsibility for the quality and operation of assigned personnel within their group
- Participating in and contributing to the agency’s new business activities as required
- Four-year degree required
- Ten-plus years’ experience required
- Resume and body of work must indicate credentials for the job
- Ability to develop strong client relationships to establish a level of trust that allows the best work to be done
- Ability to delegate authority and responsibility
- Great presentation skills
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
We are an eoe and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, age, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.