We are looking for a hungry, passionate and talented individual to join our NYC team as a Social Media Supervisor. This individual is responsible for leading the strategic and creative effort for a brand’s editorial calendar and social content.
The Social Media Supervisor will play an important role as a social media and branded content specialist on an integrated marketing team. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the team who is responsible for the core aspects of a brand’s social/ editorial efforts. We need someone who can step in, take responsibility, and very quickly understand the brand(s) you work on and begin contributing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strategic. You have spearheaded the development of a comprehensive social strategy before and have experience working closely with brand planners and paid media planners as part of a larger integrated team.
- Social Media Savvy. You are active on every social platform. You can explain how each platform is different from each other. You think about things in cleverly short social-post statements and hashtags and your friends are jealous of your Snaps.
- Opinionated. You have an opinion on which brands are killing it with their social media efforts and who is failing and can articulate why.
- Creative. You know how to tell a story with personality in a limited number of characters and can a key visual. You have excellent writing skills and have even dabbled in photo and video editing to get to the right post.
- Observant. You never miss a beat on anything that goes on around you. You have always had a knack for reading people and understanding the context of situations.
- Self-Motivated. You are confident and never shy away from a challenge. You work well with teams and direction, but know how to adapt and figure out how to solve problems on your own as well.
- Leader. You have held leadership positions in the past specifically overseeing social media content and community managers for a brand.
- Lead the development, execution, and ongoing optimization of a comprehensive social strategy for a brand.
- Lead a cross-functional team responsible for the recurring social media content that is published for a brand across all major social platforms in service of the social strategy.
- Directly manage all community managers who are part of the recurring social content effort for the brand.
- Lead representative and communicator for the team to clients, agency partners and internal team members.
- Assist with creation, conception and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Partner with analytics team for all performance reporting to provide context and insight to performance reports against pre-defined KPIs.
- Be the go-to expert for all things social media (platforms, etc) and social influencer.
- Partner with cross-functional teams for larger integrated campaigns. Be the voice of the community and for social media efforts in general help them think about things from a social-first perspective.
- Work directly with clients and agency partners for all the tasks related to the social media operation for their brand.
- Prepare presentations and be comfortable presenting to clients, agency partners and internal team members.
- Four-year degree. Preferably in marketing, journalism or communications.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in social media and community management within an agency environment
- Prior experience working with social management platforms (Spredfast, Sprinklr, Buffer, etc)
- Prior experience working with paid media for social content.
- Prior experience working with social monitoring & analytics tools (Netbase, Crimson Hexagon, etc)
- Prior experience in creating and managing social content across all major social platforms
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
We are an eoe and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, age, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.