We are seeking a VP, Media Director to join our Los Angeles Mediahub team.
Mediahub is the rising star among media agencies in the US, and especially Los Angeles. In a few short years, we have secured premium clients like Netflix, Patron, Western Union, Chipotle, Twitch, Pinterest, Hawaiian and EVA Airlines, as well as FOX Entertainment and FOX Sports. We have been fortunate to get recognized by the industry as we won AdAge's Media Agency of the Year Award in 2019, after being named Media Agency of the Year last year by AdWeek in 2018. We take pride in being more insightful, creative and innovative than any other shop in town, and with that we are uniquely positioned to service relevant challenger brands, that like to act at the speed of culture. Contained within our walls are Planning, Buying, Analytics, Search, Media Sciences (programmatic), Social, Comms Planning and Creative media teams-all working together to create the best work for our clients.
Mediahub is one the hottest and fastest growing media shops in the U.S. and was named Ad Age's 2019 Media Agency of the Year. This is coming off the heels of being named a leader in Forrester's first ever wave of major media shops and in 2018 we were Adweek's U.S. Media Agency of the Year in 2018.
We are looking for an individual who thrives on creating multi-faceted, integrated media plans across all channels, spanning offline and online. This person would act as the "Quarterback" to the Group Media Director, largely handling the day to day of our Western Union account, and coordinating inputs from the planning teams, as well as all specialty teams (eg. Search, Programmatic, Analytics)
The candidate should possess a desire for continuous learning and growth and be proactive and positive in their quest to address consumer and business challenges within a changing media landscape. Also, the ideal applicant should have an appetite for, and understanding of, test-and-learns and curiosity for innovations and advancements in the media industry. The candidate must have a digital first mindset.
Candidate should demonstrate superior client relationship and presentation skills as well as the ability to motivate, manage and train a cross-functional team.
- Acting as the Quarterback of the Western Union media team, including all aspects of US media planning as well as deep integration with the global Mediahub team in London.
- Being the key point-of-contact spanning all account areas including the specialty teams (programmatic, search, analytics) to service our collaborative, involved and high-touch group of clients.
- Collaborate with SVP, Group Director on strategic direction and business analysis in preparation of delivering all media plans and POVs.
- Coordinating inputs from all planning and specialty teams do create smart, holistic media recommendations for all Western Union media campaigns in the US.
- Ability and experience in developing media plans that deliver a mix of brand and performance goals.
- Being heavily integrated in the global Mediahub and Western Union teams to provide thought-leadership and insight on an ongoing basis (the US is 40% of Western Union"s global business).
- Actively managing media and tech partners throughout all local and global initiatives like Olympics, MMM/MTA, and Western Union"s migration to advanced TV options.
- Ensure best-in-class campaign execution and monitor teams during campaign set up and management; collaborate with analytics team on developing superior insights and socialize optimizations on a regular basis.
- Applying a critical eye toward evolving and improving the efficiency of our internal media planning processes and interactions/collaboration with specialty teams.
- Four-year degree is required.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in paid media planning, ideally some of it on brands that balance brand and performance media efforts.
- Track record managing client relationships and large cross-functional teams.
- Deep digital media planning expertise including a solid understanding of analytics and performance media in addition to brand media planning .
- Ability to effectively run the day-to-day operations of the business including overseeing the flawless delivery and management of all campaign executions, reporting, campaign wrap ups, billing, etc.
- Proven experience developing persuasive and insightful presentations is a must.
- Multicultural media planning experience is a nice-to-have.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.