We are seeking a DBA (Database Administrator) to join our Boston Mediahub team.
Mediahub is one the hottest and fastest growing media shops in the U.S. and was just named Ad Age's 2019 Media Agency of the Year. This is coming off the heels of being named a leader in Forrester's first ever wave of major media shops and in 2018 we were Adweek's U.S. Media Agency of the Year.
Manage the database infrastructure behind the Mediahub reporting system and recommend improvements and modifications, including design, architecture and support of new and existing data structures/tools, data flows and ETL pipelines.
Create optimal data pipeline architecture and systems: Be responsible for ingesting data into our data warehouse and providing frameworks and services for operating on that data to create reports for our clients. Analyze, debug and correct issues with data pipelines. Maintain the relationship with external data providers to better integrate and troubleshoot vendor data integrations.
Collaborate with IT to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, AWS technologies, Google Cloud Platform or other cloud providers.
Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to multi-functional groups and senior level management. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Assess current data warehouse & infrastructure. Identify areas requiring improvement and implement changes to scale warehouse and optimize performance.
Database/ tool Monitoring
- Monitor the list of activities successfully running in the environment. Monitor server application to ensure optimize usage of resources. Monitor the occurrence of spikes in the user data load. In case of spiking, track the utilization of components and identify the issue, Analyze the log files, if required.
- Analyze the issues raised by users to identify the root cause. In case of any network/ database related issues, communicate to the respective teams to resolve the issues. Perform regular environment health checks and generate reports to capture the findings.
- Database/tool Administration New patches administration. Work with IT to deploy/test/launch the latest patches in the environment to improve the stability of development system to avail the latest features and to ensure the bugs of the earlier version are fixed.
- In collaboration with the IT liaison, design roles and profiles for application security based on business processes. Prepare security matrix capturing the access rights granted to a defined role and share it with the IT liaison for the review inputs. Create specification documents for security and seek review inputs from the IT liaison.
- Create and update knowledge articles (industry Point of View, Case studies, lessons learnt document etc.) in the knowledge management repository Create knowledge articles on the problem, workaround solutions Monitor and report the usage of knowledge articles Maintain knowledge management database.
- Technical Skills: Tableau and SQL Admin PL3 or PL4 Required, Experience with MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and SSIS. Experience with ETL tools such as Talend, CloverETL, Pentaho or other ETL tools. Ability to create scripts or stored procedures to manipulate and combine data from different data sources.
- Proficiency Legends Proficiency Level Generic Reference PL1 The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels. PL2 The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects. PL3 The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. They have extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects. PL4 The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
- Bachelors in science, engineering or equivalent.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.