We are seeking a Senior Broadcast Producer to join our Los Angeles Broadcast team.
The Senior Broadcast Producer will serve under the executive producer in the Los Angeles office, helping to manage and produce the various projects and personnel that come together in creating broadcast campaigns and video content within MullenLowe L.A. The senior producer is the lead on all project elements and phases, from project inception to completion. As a senior producer, you think two steps ahead, know every detail of any given project you manage, and stay calm under pressure. You are an expert creative problem solver who strives to find solutions, all while managing both the internal and client teams' expectations. You are a tastemaker who can curate and assemble great teams of outside suppliers (directors/filmmakers, experiential companies, animators, editors, composers, photographers, and the like). This position ensures the output for all video projects matches the respective creative and brand vision for each and is delivered at the highest quality standards.
Candidates should be highly organized with substantial production experience across multiple platforms, including digital, social, and experiential, but the main focus will be on commercial film content for broadcast. A positive attitude, a strong passion, and the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment are crucial. We're looking for someone who has an immense sense of responsibility along with an immense sense of fun and who is not afraid to put his/her thinking cap on to bring new ideas to the table.
- Develop positive relationships with creative teams, account teams, all production teams/vendors, and Business Affairs.
- Collaborate with creative teams from the earliest conceptual stage to ensure the most innovative creative and production are employed.
- Contribute to the strategic vision and have ownership of the final product's quality.
- Be passionate about delivering the best, most talked about creative on time and on budget.
- Source and evaluate quality vendors to ensure creative and production are supported by the best resources and the latest technological developments and techniques.
- Bid and negotiate with vendors for all aspects of TV production, editorial, post, and music.
- Collaborate with Business Affairs and the music supervisor on all financial, talent, and licensing matters.
- Understand and successfully navigate the cost consultant process.
- Have basic knowledge of AICP, AICE, SAG, and AFTRA.
- Integrate with other producers (as needed) on events, physical builds, CGI, and digital and be knowledgeable about all mediums.
- Provide clear communication of project statuses (milestones, financial performance, etc.) to internal teams and any third-party vendors.
- Determine the project risk on an ongoing basis and escalate issues as needed.
- Monitor out-of-scope requests and initiate additional estimates and approvals.
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and planning skills.
- Proactive approach to responsibilities and creative problem-solving.
- Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge.
- Ability to work well independently but know when to escalate.
- Exceptional understanding of broadcast and video production, best practices, and best-in-class partners
- Car experience a plus.
- Experience with cost consultants is required.
- Experience with interactive/digital projects is preferred.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.