We are looking for a Senior Editor to join our Los Angeles Production team.
The ideal candidate will edit video for various clients, as well as internal projects, and will also play a significant role in the growth of our internal production capabilities. This role requires strong interpersonal skills in collaboration with other editors, as well as creative teams and senior management.
The Senior Editor will serve under the executive producer and the postproduction supervisor in the L.A. office as part of the internal production department, Yeti. This position requires adept organizational skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously in high-pressure situations. Must be an expert at the offline editing process while having high proficiency in graphics, mixing, technical specifications, and the finishing process. One of the primary responsibilities will be to maintain Yeti’s vision and ensure we uphold the highest standards set as they relate to the quality of the work. The position requires excellent communication skills and a positive attitude in dealing with all levels and departments of internal staff.
Experience in lighting/shooting and recording/editing/mixing audio a plus.
Experience and Skills:
- Expert with Premiere Pro, After Effects, and other Adobe creative programs.
- The ability to use Pro Tools for VO recording and output.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly capture the attention of an audience with short-form content.
- The ability to work independently without supervision.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and lead as a senior member of Yeti.
- Expert technical understanding of the postproduction process and workflows, from footage ingest to final delivery.
- Expert experience in the digital workflow, including codecs, image types, resolutions, and frame rates and staying ahead of changing technology.
- Examples of work, including publicly available videos and/or a reel displaying editing capabilities, composition, color, and audio as well as motion graphics work.
- Excellent communication/people skills.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and keep the team on course.
- Good organizational skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ingenuity.
- The ability to work well under pressure as well as make tough decisions under pressure.
- The ability to share experience to educate and nurture young talent.
- Must be/stay up to date with new technology and updates.
- Must be flexible to assist on or take control of any job at any level.
- Must be a collaborative colleague: hard-working, level-headed, creative, and kind.
- Must set an example of creativity and teamwork within the department.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.