We are looking for a Business Affairs Assistant to join our Boston Production team.
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Affairs, you will be trained to support our Business Managers in the following duties:
- Process talent and music related invoices – work with accounting and account service to ensure all vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Track talent holding cycles and fees and report to talent payroll company.
- Develop talent tracking reports and create spreadsheets for account teams.
- Input estimates and POs for all Business Affairs related jobs.
- Become familiarized with the SAG/AFTRA contract.
- Track music license renewals.
- Work with talent payroll company to generate basic residual estimates.
- Find contact information and obtain permissions for footage, props, apps, quotes, references, etc. used in commercials and videos.
- Reach out to talent with contracts and releases.
- Relay information to legal counsel and provide feedback to appropriate teams.
- Easily adaptable and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be an organized individual and demonstrate a professional demeanor with clients and co-workers.
- Must possess solid writing skills; and have ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas.
- Proficient in Excel, and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Interest in Production, Business Affairs and Talent Management.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.