We are looking for a Senior Brand Strategist to join our Los Angeles Strategic Planning team.
Have you ever wondered why the smell of rotisserie chicken has the power to make people change their dinner plans? Do you sometimes find yourself thinking about what someone's choice in pizza toppings says about them as a person? Are you already counting down the days to next year's truffle season?
If so, we've been looking for you.
At MullenLowe, we crave thinkers who make us better and push us farther. We love people who are eager to take risks--and who take "never been done before" not as a caution, but as an opportunity. As a Senior Strategist on our new Whole Foods Market team, you'll be responsible for day-to-day brand stewardship as we introduce an all-new creative vision for the brand. Our team is a tight-knit, diverse, and unstoppable group united by one critical thing: total, unapologetic food love.
Your primary task will be shepherd 8+ integrated seasonal campaigns to completion, inspiring creatives with provocative insights around food and food culture. You'll also collaborate with fellow strategists, the account team, and project management to help us build a strong relationship with our new client, ensuring we deliver on time with a consistently high quality of work. You'll help design research, write project briefings, lead competitive reporting, and work across teams in seasonal and annual planning sessions. And, of course, you'll get to talk about food all day long. Which may just be the best part.
This position reports directly to the VP, Planning Director.
The right person...
- Lives, sleeps, breathes, follows, and really knows food culture. Someone who can serve as a trusted resource for deep food truth every single day. Someone for whom food = life.
- Knows the difference between an observation and insight, and is able to communicate those insights with unparalleled precision.
- Is self-guided and independent, capable of preparing and delivering solo briefings and presentations. Intuitively knows what's critical, and what's filler. A natural self-editor.
- Is inventive and resourceful, able to start a new project and develop a framework for its completion--even when the project is unfamiliar.
- Is a pragmatic adviser and sophisticated feedback-giver, as well as a mature feedback-taker. Knows what the team needs and is ready to deliver.
- Is capable of working fast and slow, meeting quick-turn tasks and long-term initiatives with the same high standard of quality.
- Is an interpersonal magician, bringing the best out of all types of personalities and disciplines. Becomes indispensable to the team.
- Will act as a mentor to junior team members, and represents a positive cultural force within the agency.
But most importantly, you'll think like a challenger: knowing the right questions to ask, taking a stand, and confidently expressing your point of view to the team. You should be comfortable holding your own as a planner among intense, talented, creative people, all of whom have an exceptional level of investment in producing award-worthy work.
- Minimum 4 years experience in an account planning and strategy role, particularly at an agency with brand AOR duties.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent deck-building abilities, particularly in Keynote. You may be asked to show samples of your work.
- Experience on a high-turn retail account is a plus.
- Some travel required.
- 4-year degree is mandatory.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.