We are looking for an Associate Design Director to join our New York City Creative team.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about the practice of design and curious about the world.
You have experience creating original, digitally-bred campaigns, as well as complex, large-scale websites and mobile apps. You've delivered innovative interface design across digital platforms. You understand how to set--and follow--brand guidelines and specs.
You're comfortable with direct client relationships, navigating challenging conversations, and solving business problems through design. You take a customer-centric approach to your work. You understand the intersection of creative and technology, and what it takes to execute the team's vision.
This is a hands-on role with a balance of leadership duties. Willingness and patience to teach and leading by example are critical components, as you will be mentoring young design talent. Offering advice and counsel will be part of your daily routine.
You're proud of your craft, but value team effort. You enjoy working on a team with strategy and user experience, as well as content, technology, SEO and analytics.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in graphic design and/or advertising; digital and/or traditional sector.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design from a 4-year university or a 2-year portfolio school.
- A portfolio showcasing digital work samples.
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovations.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, MS Office Programs, and Keynote.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the agency process.
- Impeccable organization skills including file structure, file management, and archiving.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple project to meet tight deadlines.
Most importantly, you're more than your day job. You're interested in what's happening in the world, wherever it is happening; new technologies, different cultures and the out-of-the-ordinary. You're looking to add to our culture, not fit into it.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.