We are looking for a Principal Solutions Architect to join our New York City Technology team.
The Principal Solutions Architect is a senior member of the technology team and is responsible for both recognizing opportunities to grow the client account and working to expand the business offerings available within the software engineering/solution architecture craft. The PSA will work within the software engineering craft to set the overall craft direction, monitor output and excellence, and identify staffing/hiring needs. The PSA is also responsible for the career
development and mentorship of other software engineering directors and managers, and manage project teams locally and across our development centers.
- Serve as a technology executive on one or more client accounts and work with the leads of other disciplines to recognize and sell-in new opportunities to those accounts.
- Works closely with the regional Tech Directors to help manage work intake, allocation and successful delivery of the same.
- Serve as a technology point of escalation and oversight during the full software development life cycle, from conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Create/update/review technical and solution architectures that form next generation products and platforms. This ranges anything from prototype development to complex platform integrations and environments.
- Provide and/or review and approve time estimates, technical recommendations, and proposed solutions based on technical and business requirements.
- Manage the software engineering teams to successfully deliver projects while balancing each team's needs and resources.
- Manage and provide career development to software engineering, technology architecture teams and leads.
- Serves as a point of escalation for career development issues within the solution architecture craft.
- Works closely with other technology crafts to help shape the direction of a client engagement and technology delivery in that client.
- Work with and integration of enterprise-level CMS applications, portal applications, social community platforms, and mobile applications as well as custom developed solutions.
- Work to mitigate risk and escalate issues to technology leadership as appropriate.
- Partner with a variety of external software providers, (CMS, CRM, ERP, Data, etc) to help manage these relationships, as well develop new partnerships fitting to the strategy direction of the business.
- Drive awareness of MullenLowe Profero in the tech community and be recognized as a leader.
- Participate in the design/architecture of new solutions, and the refinement of existing codebases.
- 15+ years of experience in craft and others, including 7 years in client-facing consulting, 5 years in technical management/operations.
- Manages 1-10 people directly (and many more indirectly through your career management tree).
- Very focused on operations, team leadership, solution architecture thought leadership.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams, the software engineering craft, the technology organization, and all other disciplines.
- Has regularly participated in speaking engagements, technology community blogs and POVs.
- Plays the craft lead as required to help further the craft practices and thought leadership/knowledge.
- Experience leading large engagements in an off-shore development center capability.
- Experience in building and mentoring teams to be able to deliver capabilities to multiple markets - growing teams in a development center.
- Prior experience leading multiple teams of technologists to successfully deliver projects.
- Extensive experience in working with one or more of the following platforms: Adobe Marketing Cloud and its components, Sitecore Marketing Cloud and its components, Acquia.
- Deep experience in Sitecore and its component architecture, preferred.
- Experience working in a lean/agile agency, studio or consultancy environment.
- Familiarity with the latest web development practices (npm/yarn, react, angular, etc).
- Familiarity with advances in mobile app development frameworks i.e. React Native etc.
- Exceptional experience in web platforms allows you to provide advice and code reviews in all matters of web, hosting infrastructure, and data security.
- Ability to coordinate craft meetings and training sessions and manage their respective budgets.
- Ability to spot industry trends and prepare our team to meet future needs.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, technical environment with minimal instruction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to interact with a client without oversight.
- Strong attention to detail and quality without oversight.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/professional experience is required.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.