We are looking for a Social Content Designer to join our Boston Social Media team.
We are looking for a hungry, passionate and talented individual to join our Boston team as a Social Content Designer. This individual is responsible for ensuring a brand's social media presence is active and engaged by managing a brand's editorial calendar and social content and interacting with the community.
The Social Content Designer will play an important role as a social media specialist and community advocate on an integrated marketing team. We need someone who can step in, take responsibility, and very quickly understand the brand(s) you work on and begin contributing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Social Media Savvy. You are active on every social platform. You can explain how each platform is different from each other. You think about things in cleverly short social-post statements and hashtags and your friends are jealous of your Snaps.
- Opinionated. You have an opinion on which brands are killing it with their social media efforts and who is failing and can articulate why.
- Creative. You know how to tell a story with personality in a limited number of characters and can a key visual. You have excellent writing skills and have even dabbled in photo and video editing to get to the right post.
- Observant. You never miss a beat on anything that goes on around you. You have always had a knack for reading people and understanding the context of situations.
- Self-Motivated. You are confident and never shy away from a challenge. You work well with teams and direction, but know how to adapt and figure out how to solve problems on your own as well.
- Assist with creation, conception and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Lead the development and ongoing management of editorial calendars for a brand.
- Manage all social content through the entire cycle from brief to scheduling to publishing.
- Moderate all community interaction with published content responding in a timely manner and escalating when appropriate.
- Monitor all community activity to keep a pulse on overall interests and sentiment. Be the go-to expert for any and all things community for the cross-functional team you work with.
- Partner with analytics team for all performance reporting to provide context and insight to performance reports against pre-defined KPIs.
- Be the go-to expert for all things social media (platforms, etc) and social influencer.
- Partner with cross-functional teams for larger integrated campaigns. Be the voice of the community and help them think about things from a social-first perspective.
- Work directly with clients and agency partners for all the tasks related to the social media operation for their brand.
- Prepare presentations and be comfortable presenting to clients, agency partners and internal team members.
- Responsible for the creation and curation of web content across multiple clients.
- Four-year degree. Preferably in marketing, journalism or communication.
- 4+ years prior social media experience at a brand, a digital agency, online publication, or in the marketing-related industry.
- Significant proficiency and experience in creating content across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.