We are seeking a Associate Director, Communications Planning to join our Mediahub team.
Mediahub has been one of the most successful media companies over the past 24 months winning numerous accounts, experiencing growth in all four U.S offices and being named Adweek 2018 U.S Media Agency of the year.
This position will sit in Boston or NYC and report to the Communications Team. They will be a strategist first, but an expert in different cultures as well. At MediaHub, we are looking to expand our general agency communications team further into the cross-cultural arena, and this position will help us do so. This person should thrive on exploring changing consumer behavior, multi-cultural trends, and competitive insights to discover new innovative solutions. They should also come to the job with a current set of information around the various different cultural groups in the US, and how they use media, tech, and products. This position will spend at least 50% of its time in the beauty category, so the candidate should have some experience in beauty, health, and/or wellness. This role will very much be opening a new chapter in the Mediahub Communications team, so it is a perfect position for someone looking to grow from mid level, to senior level quickly.
Mediahub is a media shop designed for challenger brands and within our agency, Communications Planning is
considered a self-led strategic role. When we say you need to have an entrepreneurial spirit, we mean it.
We expect the Associate Director, Communications Planning to enjoy both working on your own and as part of a team, even when you have to create the team yourself - the world is yours to create here. If this sounds like you, send us your info!
- Define the client's brand and business problem in the context of a media challenge we can solve.
- Identify the right tools to investigate the challenge, from internal experience to syndicated tools, to proprietary research and partner data.
- Design, field and analyze proprietary research. At the most basic level this means the ability to write clear and intriguing questions that will lead to fresh insights.
- Synthesize multiple forms of data into innovative and actionable communication strategies and go-to-market ideas.
- Communicate ideas in ways that guide and inspire.
- Create consumers journeys and bring target audiences to life by analyzing multiple data sources, including primary, syndicated, and third-party research.
- Seamlessly work with teams across disciplines, building upon and uniting work under holistic communications plan.
- Participate in new business development as opportunities arise.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience within a top creative/media shops, culture brands, or consumer research fields.
- Strong research skills - both qualitative and quantitative.
- Familiarity with most major syndicated tools, both media planning and consumer insight, e.g., MRI, Mintel, Nielsen, Kantar.
- Understanding of all media channels and disciplines with the ability to develop ideas and strategies across all channels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Domestic and international travel as needed.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.