Purpose of the Role:
We are a Challenger. A Transformation partner. A Hyperbundled tentacle of MullenLowe Group. Punching above our weight. Giving our clients an Unfair Advantage and their customers a sensational Experience. Bringing together Strategy, Data Activation, Experience Design and Products & Platforms. We call it Experience-led Transformation.
We are looking for a rock star to lead the Experience Design team (12+) and overall discipline across North America. They would also be a key member of our Global Experience Design Centre of Excellence (COE). Working with multidisciplinary teams of designers, strategists, data scientists and technologists, they will help our clients identify opportunities and bring innovative solutions to market.
The Head of Experience Designer takes a holistic view of a client's business objectives and uses design, interaction and content to shape customer experience and the direction (or creation) of business products. As a strategic design lead in the MullenLowe Profero business, the Head of Experience Design drives user-centered design processes in partnership with the wider product teams. They are naturally adaptive and agile, applying the latest experience design trends and their own unique techniques to create best in class experiences across both digital and physical environments.
The successful candidate will have a track record of leading and developing large, multi-disciplinary Experience Design teams in a marketing, consulting or agency context, developing world class customer solutions, and a collaborative work style that emphasizes strong relationship building with clients and peers across disciplines and geographies. They will have the opportunity to work across an exciting range of clients across Travel & Hospitality, Financial Services, Healthcare, Automotive, Retail, QSR and CPG including the likes of Harley Davidson, Kaiser Permanente, Monster, E*Trade and many more.
The role reports directly to the Global Chairman of MullenLowe Profero based in New York.
- Create business impact through experience design.
- Translate experience objectives into tangible and useful products and services across digital and physical channels.
- Lead a user-centered design process that applies design thinking to a client's business objectives.
- Define and deliver compelling experiences throughout the customer journey.
- Proactively pursue opportunities to improve the product to better address client and user objectives.
- Collaborate with the product teams throughout the entire design process.
- Position MullenLowe Profero as a Centre of Excellence (COE) for Experience Design (XD) to grow reputation and business.
- Understand the client's business needs and make strategic suggestions from a user-centered point of view.
- Develop key ideas that drive a project and supporting ideas needed to implement them across various touch points.
- Lead the synthesis of multiple work streams into a coherent and powerful narrative about the future, often, but not always, within a digital context.
- Apply category-leading thinking to proposed design solutions.
- Take responsibility for the quality of all deliverables by contract design or cross-office resources.
- Define ideas from an objective point of view, based on research and insight and can effectively communicate this point of view.
- Design for data creation in collaboration with the Head of Data Activation.
- A deep understanding of data science and analytics, connecting data and research insights to support XD work across omni-channels and platforms.
- Conceptualize ideas that meet users' needs and desires in innovative and thought-provoking way.
- Lead the creation of experiences that connect customers and brands through intuitive interfaces and trans-formative brand experiences.
- Ensure design solutions are consistent with client's strategic objectives and commercial success.
- Directing and producing tangible outputs at different stages of the design process.
- Lead the creation of compelling solution presentations and define clear methodologies that explain and sell the design approach to clients and stakeholders.
- Inspire innovative approaches to design, using creative facilitation techniques and taking the lead at client meetings, internal product meetings, brainstorms and industry events.
- Overseeing the coordination of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, designers, technologists and business experts in a way that leads to bold ideas and new businesses in market.
- Lead the creation of prototypes, proof of concept documents, wire frames, user flows, use cases and user scenarios where relevant.
- Overseeing the creation of documentation, wireframes, personas, design mockups, user flows, prototypes, customer experience maps and other documentation as required to inform the design solution.
- Deliver both macro and micro project objectives, supporting the team on solving detailed UX problems, and also planning wider customer experience strategies.
- Work alongside project managers, developers and engineers to define and deliver product experiences
- Requirement gathering process including stakeholder interviews, workshops, competitor research, end-user research and align with technology/service provider requirements.
- Test, hypothesis and workshop proposed solutions to inform best approach.
- Scope and deliverable input for new client engagements and proposals.
- Working side-by-side with account team leaders to discuss and implement changes to project and account dynamics and strategy, and to identify new business opportunities.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.