We are seeking an Account Director to join our Los Angeles Account Service team.
Account Management at MullenLowe is about more than just client service (although we do that, too). As the connector between clients, partners, and the agency, everyone in Account Management is required to be a hyper-adaptable and flexible beast: offering thoughtful builds in creative development, passionately selling through a campaign, mediating between different points of view and keeping things fair, having tough conversations for the good of the relationship and work - and, of course, being a positive awesome person people always want to have in the room.
Account Management is expected to be the persuasive, resilient, and relentless force it takes to helps great work get made, combining sharp points of view on both business and creative.
Account Directors at MullenLowe are expected to drive. This means having the relationship, communication, and problem-solving skills required to independently run all day-to-day activities on a large piece of business, as well as having the strong creative instincts needed to advocate for great work on a daily basis. The right candidate needs no hand-holding, and is comfortable diving in to quickly become both a business expert and trusted team liaison.
- Acts like a challenger: looks for every possible angle to improve our work and relationships. Stops at nothing in pursuit of making great work.
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on: comfortable taking on new responsibilities, unfamiliar tasks, and reacting quickly when plans change. Not afraid to get their hands dirty or try new things.
- Fearless: doesn't shy away from hard conversations or situations. Speaks their mind clearly and with confidence. Asks forgiveness, not permission.
- A great communicator: has a gift for storytelling, as well as building trust and honesty with others.
- Highly organized and proactive: needs no reminders, and independently knows what needs to get done by when.
- Tough but friendly: mediates between different parties, from clients to media agencies to production, and facilitates effective compromises.
We are a tightly-knit crew within MullenLowe, all with diverse backgrounds and skillsets, but every person on our team - from strategy to account to creative - is expected to have a strong voice and articulate point of view on the work. Difference of opinion isn't just welcome, it's encouraged. This team also strongly believes you have to have fun and like each other to do great work, and are looking for a cultural fit in addition to a skillset fit. As this role is for a premiere luxury spirits client, awareness of, exposure to, and interest in the nightlife and luxury spaces are a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Effective Client Leadership:
- Oversee the workflow for the account and communicate directly with the client on all matters.
- Proactively identify opportunities and cultivate new ideas with the client to help achieve their marketing goals.
- Develop and maintain scope of work agreements and monitor account performance.
- Know when to pick up the phone with a client. Know when to ask for help from within the agency.
- Clear the way for strong, strategic creative to live. Defend, protect, and champion good ideas.
- Be a proactive, fearless client liaison. Find ways to help clients with everything they need to sell great thinking internally.
- Effectively run client meetings - organizing the flow for best presentation, aligning on intent and recommendation, communicating and reinforcing expectations.
- Manage relationships with any partner agencies, as necessary.
- Set, and ensure the team meets, high quality standards for all deliverables.
- Collaborate on the writing of creative briefs and presentations.
Account Team Leadership:
- Supervise and mentor junior account management.
- Set a positive example for the account management and proactively provide input/insight in areas that drive the agency forward: organization, workflow, morale, etc.
Should already be capable of driving an account and its day to day activities, relationships, and creative product. Consistent delivery, accountability, and responsibility for making great work, as well as participating in new business development and effectively managing multiple pieces of business and team members, are key to reaching the next level.
- Experience leading integrated campaign development; heavy emphasis on broadcast TV/video, OOH and Social.
- Minimum 8+ years experience in creative agency account management; 2+ years minimum managing a team.
- Outstanding storytelling ability through Keynote, PPT, etc.
- Experience in the spirits category is a plus; interest in the spirits category is essential.
- Global experience strongly desired.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.