We are seeking an HR Generalist to join our LA HR team.
This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your HR experience as well continue to advance your human resources knowledge for the next step in your career. You will be the go-to for everyday questions (like benefits & policies) as well as have the opportunity to lead projects on your own.
HR Generalist responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- On-boarding new employees--Take our smart, creative, and talented new hires through orientation, explain our policies and benefits and coordinate with their hiring managers to ensure they have what they need to succeed on Day 1.
- Managing communication and administration for current staff and new hires--Ensure that all paperwork is being processed accurately and answer questions surrounding things like benefits, direct deposit, and accessing paychecks.
- Prepare the necessary documents for payroll purposes (timesheets, employee changes, etc).
- Transitioning employees through an exit process to ensure they are prepared as they leave the organization.
- Assisting with the internship and mentor programs with oversight from the HR Manager.
- Partner with HR Manager and the Operations Team on continuing to drive agency culture through training and development initiatives, social events, team meetings, etc.
- Assist with training/development programs including set up and breakdown of events, catering, material prep, invitation management, etc.
- Manage light employee relation matters such as questions regarding expense reports, leave of absence requests, AMEX information, vacation requests, etc.
- Assist HR Manager in several employee-driven programs such as performance management, Experience Guides program, open enrollment, etc.
- Work hand in hand with HR Manager on CA compliance initiatives and mandatory trainings.
- Prepare correspondence for employees due to work/life events (i.e. offers, salary increases, relocations, transfers, exits, unemployment, etc.)
- Four-year degree is required.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in Human Resources or Office Management, preferably in an ad agency setting.
- Proficiency in Word/Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, often stressful environment.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.