We are seeking a Social Content Specialist to join our New York Social Media team.
Do you aspire to use your creative skills as a job?
Do you take pride in Reddit upvotes?
Is your Finsta better than your Insta?
Was "Friday" your jam for like 28 minutes?
Do you have an opinion as to whether Snap is dead or alive? Are you obsessive about your Pinterest?
And, has it suddenly dawned on you that an out of touch boss who spent half his career booking print ads is writing this job description? If so, you might be a good fit for MullenLowe's New York social team. This individual is responsible for ensuring a brand's social media presence is active and engaged. In the role you will work with a core team marketing team developing content for our client?s social presence. We need someone who can step in, take responsibility, and very quickly understand the brand(s) you work on and begin contributing.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Social Media Savvy. You are active on every social platform. You can explain how each platform is different from each other. You think about things in cleverly short social-post statements and hashtags and your friends are jealous of your Snaps.
- You have an opinion on which brands are killing it with their social media efforts and who is failing and can articulate why.
- You know how to tell a story with personality under 160 characters and can come up with a key visual to make people think, laugh, cry or just say "uh-ha, I like that."
- You have writing skills.
- You are hungry to learn and get involved in the creative process.
- We are not necessarily looking for someone who is the finished product when it comes to making ads. However, you need to be comfortable creating and learning to create stuff for social (short-films with people who know how to edit and stuff. Make a MEME, GIF, write a smart reply on Twitter, that kind of stuff).
- Observant. You never miss a beat on anything that goes on around you. You have always had a knack for reading people and understanding the context of situations.
- Self-Motivated. You are confident and never shy away from a challenge. You work well with teams and direction, but know how to adapt and figure out how to solve problems on your own as well.
- Assist with creation, conception and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Lead the development and ongoing management of editorial calendars for a brand with a flare to creating a narrative about a through their social handles.
- Monitor community activity to keep a pulse on overall interests and sentiment. Be the go-to expert for any and all things community for the cross-functional team you work with.
- Partner with analytics team for all performance reporting to provide context and insight to create better content.
- Be the go-to expert for all things social media (platforms, etc) and social influencer.
- Partner with cross-functional teams for larger integrated campaigns. Be the voice of the community and help them think about things from a social-first perspective.
- Prepare presentations and be comfortable presenting to clients, agency partners and internal team members.
- Responsible for the creation and curation of web content across multiple clients.
- Four-year degree. Preferably in marketing, journalism, art, or communication.
- 2+ years prior social media experience at a brand, a digital agency, online publication, or in the marketing-related industry. (Advertising / Marketing Industry experience is not a 100% requirement but you need to show us examples of your creativity and ability to work with a team.)
- Significant proficiency and experience in creating content across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (even if its for your own handles).
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.