We are seeking an Assistant Media Planner to join our New York City Mediahub team.
Mediahub is one the hottest and fastest growing media shops in the U.S. and was just named Ad Age's 2019 Media Agency of the Year. This is coming off the heels of being named a leader in Forrester's first ever wave of major media shops and in 2018 we were Adweek's U.S. Media Agency of the Year.
An Assistant Media Planner at Mediahub is an integrated role with the expectation of learning and ultimately working proficiently across all media channels. We are looking for high-energy, curiosity and a passion for advertising and creativity.
Keep in mind:
- At this stage in your career, accuracy is a key skill along with an ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- You are learning the Mediahub business model and applying that to the Client's business.
- Your overarching goals at this career stage should be to absorb, learn and apply basic media principles.
- You will be overseen directly by a Media Planner who, along with the rest of the team, is responsible for training you on the necessary tools, ways of working, etc. and approving all work before it is issued to clients or outside vendors.
What we are looking for upon starting with Mediahub:
- Coming into this role, you will be expected to understand basic mathematical concepts and
learn their basic applications to media.
- You are learning the Mediahub suite of tools used for planning and gaining proficiency.
- You are a great interpersonal communicator and are able to effectively communicate with others within not only Mediahub but within the broader agency as well.
- You are able to adapt to working with people/team members with different work styles and able to work within a multi-supervisory environment as needed.
- You are positive, promote kindness and contribute to the overall culture of Mediahub. Your goal is to not only see yourself grow but to see others do well as well.
- You are able to demonstrate the ability to successfully multi-task, manage your time and show superb organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- As you work building your skill set as an Assistant Media Planner you are more and more able to take initial direction, then transition into a more independent work style.
- As you continue to grow, we will be looking for emerging proficiencies such as intuition, creativity, leadership (showing independent initiative), professionalism and improved performance pace.
Mediahub will train you on the day-to-day tools and give you the knowledge and background you need to be successful.
What your day-to-day tasks look like:
Your specific day-to-day tasks are built around executional ones at this stage; however, you are expected to start to demonstrate contributions to creative thinking and problem solving. You are assisting the Media Planners in all facets of building media plans, pulling syndicated research and working with your Planners to assess insights and actionable next steps. You will be assisting on postcampaign reporting, analysis and summaries to the client.
From a client perspective you will have guided client contact and will be expected to demonstrate responsiveness and urgency to client needs/requests.
You will be expected to continue your education of the industry and media in a variety of forms such as: completing internal training and on-boarding, attending Lunch & Learns with vendors (with the expectation of asking questions and participating).
Internally, some specific responsibilities are (with guidance from your Planners/Supervisors):
- Inputting of buys, trafficking for digital buys, Media Authorizations, issuing of Insertion Orders, initial understanding and assistance (as needed) with Billing Process, updating team status documents and working across the internal cross functional teams (Video Investments, R&D Labs, creative, etc.).
- Beginning to help with evaluation of media (OTT, TV, Cinema, OLV, Print, OOH, etc.).
- Additional tasks include Reach/Frequency runs (IMS Tools) and Pulling target information from MRI, SCOUT (our Mediahub proprietary tool).
- Taking notes during all meetings and disseminating them for final review before being sent to the larger team.
- You are the conduit for your team in setting up media rep meetings for the team and ensuring that calendars are up-to-date for these meetings (description of the meetings, who we are meeting with, goals of meeting).
- You will be pulling other syndicated research such as competitive runs, social conversation as well as assisting with pacing and reporting.
- As you grow in this role you will be taking on some partner negotiations with oversight and assistance from your Planners and Supervisors as well as starting to assist with preparing/writing of slides for our presentation decks.
Getting to Media Planner:
You will be in this role for 1-2 years (depending on account, business environment of Agency and team structure) demonstrating proficiency in the above outlined skills. Your next promotion will be to Media Planner at this time if criteria is met.
Promotion considerations in addition to those outlined above:
- Working on-target or better in your role as an Assistant Media Planner (as measured through Reflecktive feedback and reviews).
- Demonstrate curiosity, pro-active engagement and passion for the client and industry.
- Ability to take ownership of work.
- Strong proficiency in research and planning tools, agency procedures.
- Bachelor's degree; Marketing/Advertising agency internships preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong proficiency Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Powerpoint; Keynote, Google.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.