We are seeking a Media Planner to join our New York City Mediahub team.
Mediahub is one the hottest and fastest growing media shops in the U.S. and was just named Ad Age's 2019 Media Agency of the Year. This is coming off the heels of being named a leader in Forrester's first ever wave of major media shops and in 2018 we were Adweek's U.S. Media Agency of the Year.
A great Media Planner:
A Media Planner at Mediahub is an integrated role with the expectation of working proficiently across all media channels. Planners maintain a strong knowledge of their client's business to deliver against their needs and objectives. We are looking for high-energy, curiosity and a passion for advertising and creativity.
Keep in mind:
- At this stage in your career, you display a mastery of media fundamentals. You ensure proper planning and execution of media plans by monitoring buys/schedules throughout campaigns.
- You understand the Mediahub business model and are able to apply that to the Client's business.
- You are the day-to-day steward for your assigned client(s) and are able to develop trustworthy relationships with clients and respond appropriately to their needs.
- You manage budget inputs and flow and work closely with the broader team to manage media activity.
- You will supervise, mentor and grow Assistant Planner(s) who report to you and who work within your team. Your team trusts that you will get your job done and contribute to overall team goals and initiatives.
- You will be overseen directly by a Senior Media Planner or Media Supervisor who, along with the rest of the team, is responsible for providing guidance, as you take on more clientfacing responsibilities and training you on the necessary tools, ways of working, etc. and reviewing all work before it is issued to clients or outside vendors.
What we are looking for upon starting with Mediahub:
- Coming into this role, you will be expected to have experience working in media agencies.
- You show a keen interest in and knowledge of emerging trends across the media landscape.
- You demonstrate proficiency with industry systems/tools (Kantar, comScore, etc).
- You are a great interpersonal communicator and are able to effectively communicate with others within not only Mediahub but with your clients and within the broader agency as well.
- You are able to adapt to working with people/team members with different work styles and able to work within a multi-supervisory environment as needed.
- You are positive, promote kindness, and contribute to the overall culture of Mediahub. Your goal is to not only see yourself grow but to see others do well as well.
- You successfully multi-task, manage your time and show superb organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines with at an increasingly proficient pace.
- You are able to work independently on your day-to-day tasks and to meet your deliverables.
- You reach out to your mentors and senior team members to tackle challenges.
As you continue to grow, we will be looking for emerging proficiencies such as intuition, creativity, leadership, showing independent initiative, professionalism and improved performance pace. Mediahub will train you on the day-to-day tools and give you the knowledge and background you need to be successful.
What your day-to-day tasks look like:
Your specific day-to-day tasks are built around taking on increasing responsibility in your client's day-to-day media activity; You are expected to demonstrate contributions to creative thinking and problem solving. You are assisting the Senior Media Planners/Supervisors in all facets of building media plans. You gather and analyze appropriate research to provide sound and strategic consumer insight driven media recommendations. You will be integral to the ongoing management of client budgets, as well as providing inputs in the development of post-campaign reporting, analysis and
summaries for the client.
From a client perspective you will have increasing client contact and will be expected to demonstrate responsiveness and urgency to client needs/requests.
You will be expected to continue your education of the industry and media in a variety of forms such as: completing internal training and on-boarding, attending Lunch & Learns with vendors (with the expectation of asking questions and participating).
Internally, some specific responsibilities are (with guidance from your Supervisors):
- Inputting of buys, trafficking for digital buys, Media Authorizations, issuing of Insertion Orders, initial understanding and assistance (as needed) with Billing Process, updating team status documents and working across the internal cross functional teams (Video Investments, R&D Labs, creative, etc.).
- Evaluation of media (OTT, TV, Cinema, OLV, Print, OOH, etc..).
- Additional tasks include Reach/Frequency runs (IMS Tools) and Pulling target information from MRI, SCOUT (our Mediahub proprietary tool).
- Taking and/or reviewing AMP notes from all meetings and disseminating them for final review before being sent to the larger team.
- You will be pulling other syndicated research such as competitive runs, social conversation as well as assisting with pacing and reporting.
- You will be taking on some partner negotiations with increasingly limited oversight and assistance from your Planners and Supervisors as well as preparing/writing of slides for our presentation decks.
Getting to Senior Media Planner:
You will be in this role for 1-3 years (depending on account, business environment of Agency and team structure) demonstrating proficiency in the above outlined skills. Your next promotion will be to Senior Media Planner at this time if criteria is met.
Promotion considerations in addition to those outlined above:
- Working on-target or better in your role as a Media Planner (as measured through Reflecktive feedback and reviews).
- Demonstrate creativity, curiosity, pro-active engagement and passion for the client and industry.
- Ability to take ownership of work and increasing leadership on your accounts and amongst your peers.
- Strong proficiency in research and planning tools, agency procedures and integrated media planning.
- Bachelor's degree; Marketing/Advertising agency internships preferred.
- Local planning experience required.
- Auto experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.