We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Boston Finance team.
An individual is needed to support the Assistant Controller and Corporate Controller with month end closing, reporting, audits, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and general accounting activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate monthly financial close.
- Examine transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Record and maintain monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile sub ledger accounts.
- Audit preparation and coordination.
- Ensure accounting policies, procedures and controls are followed in accordance with SOX.
- Perform special projects to support the functions of the General Accounting operations as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Good knowledge of accounting standards, practices and controls.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, experience with SAP desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet critical deadlines successfully.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.