We are seeking an Assistant Communications Planner to join our New York City Mediahub team.
Mediahub is one the hottest and fastest growing media shops in the U.S. and was just named Ad Age's 2019 Media Agency of the Year. This is coming off the heels of being named a leader in Forrester's first ever wave of major media shops and in 2018 we were Adweek's U.S. Media Agency of the Year. We are a full-service media agency providing planning, buying, analytics, search, media sciences, social, comms planning and creative, all working together to create the best work for our clients. We take pride in delivering insightful, creative and innovative solutions, making us uniquely
positioned to service culturally relevant challenger brands.
The Assistant Communications Planner must thrive on exploring changing consumer behavior, cultural trends, and competitive insights to create strategies leading to new and innovative communications solutions. Candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit, and enjoy working both on their own and as part of a team, even when they have to create the team themselves.
Mediahub provides both the tools and support of a global agency and the opportunities of a fast growing start up. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious media strategist who is eager to stretch their skills and advance their career.
- Identify the right tools to investigate the challenges laid out by the senior team.
- Need research passion - from internal experience to syndicated tools, to proprietary research and partner data. Must be willing to design, field and analyze proprietary research and report back to the team on key findings. At the most basic level this means the ability to compose clear and intriguing questions that will lead to fresh insights.
- Synthesize multiple forms of data into innovative and actionable communication strategies and go-to market ideas.
- Aid in the awards submission and research tool management process.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1+ years of experience within a top creative and/or media shop (and top culture brands) preferred.
- Familiarity with major syndicated tools, both media planning and consumer insight, e.g., MRI, Mintel, Nielsen, Kantar.
- Understanding/curiosity across all media channels, with the ability to develop ideas and strategies to fit the channel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Domestic travel as needed.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.