We are seeking an Assistant Account Executive to join our Boston Public Relations and Social Influence team.
This candidate will be a dynamic, solutions-oriented, go-getter with excellent written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate will be a steward of the news and have a fearless approach to media relations. Ability to think creatively is also an important part of the job.
- Maintain appropriate client contact.
- Attend and participate in client meetings.
- Coordinate/process client billing.
- Communicate key developments affecting agency/client relationships.
- Participate in/help new business presentations when called upon.
Perform media relations activities:
- Design and prepare media lists to be updated regularly.
- Write press releases and other press materials.
- Arrange for press material distribution.
- Develop and maintain press contacts.
- Create and implement special events and trade show activities.
- Present plans/programs to clients.
- Coordinate with agency groups on joint projects, outside suppliers as necessary.
- Prepare regular status and/or conference call reports and memos.
- Keep informed of industry trends/developments.
- 1+ years of experience in an agency, client-side role or multiple PR internships (if client, familiarity with key tools that are used in the PR industry required).
- Knowledge and practical application of social media practices.
- Strong administrative skills required to drive client status trackers, media reports, presentations and more.
- Strong storytelling skills.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR ?? 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.