We are looking for a Community Manager to join our New York City Social Influence team.
The Community Manager will play an important role as a social media specialist and community advocate on an integrated marketing team. We need someone who can step in, take responsibility, and very quickly understand the brand(s) you work on and begin contributing.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Social Media Savvy. You are active on every social platform. You can explain how each platform is different from each other. You think about things in cleverly short social-post statements and hashtags and your friends are jealous of your Snaps.
- Opinionated. You have an opinion on which brands are killing it with their social media efforts and who is failing and can articulate why.
- Creative. You know how to tell a story with personality in a limited number of characters and can a key visual. You have excellent writing skills and have even dabbled in photo and video editing to get to the right post.
- Observant. You never miss a beat on anything that goes on around you. You have always had a knack for reading people and understanding the context of situations.
- Self-Motivated. You are confident and never shy away from a challenge. You work well with teams and direction, but know how to adapt and figure out how to solve problems on your own as well.
- Manage all social content through the entire cycle from brief to scheduling to publishing.
- Moderate all community interaction with published content responding in a timely manner and escalating when appropriate.
- Monitor all community activity to keep a pulse on overall interests and sentiment. Be the go-to expert for any and all things community for the cross-functional team you work with.
- Assist with creation, conception and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Lead the development and ongoing management of editorial calendars for a brand.
- Partner with analytics team for all performance reporting to provide context and insight to performance reports against pre-defined KPIs.
- Be the go-to expert for all things social media (platforms, etc) and social influencer.
- Partner with cross-functional teams for larger integrated campaigns. Be the voice of the community and help them think about things from a social-first perspective.
- Work directly with clients and agency partners for all the tasks related to the social media operation for their brand.
- Prepare presentations and be comfortable presenting to clients, agency partners and internal team members.
- Four-year degree. Preferably in marketing, journalism or communications.
- Prior experience in social media and community management within an agency environment.
- Prior experience working with social management platforms (Spredfast, Sprinklr, Buffer, etc).
- Prior experience working with paid media for social content.
- Prior experience working with social monitoring & analytics tools (Netbase, Crimson Hexagon, etc).
- Prior experience in creating and managing social content across all major social platforms.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.