We are seeking a Social Strategist to join our Los Angeles Strategic Planning team.
The ideal candidate should be fueled by a passionate sense of curiosity for pop culture and social subcultures and thrive in a collaborative environment. Uncovering consumer insights and staying on top of digital trends are a part of this person's daily diet.
The social strategist will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of an account focused exclusively on digital and social initiatives and have the passion to contribute to digital thought leadership across the agency and its client base. The position requires a thorough understanding of digital strategy, social analytics, content creation, paid media and influencer relations.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide-range of internal staff, deliver their POV to shape creative and have excellent client management skills.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of and the management & optimization of a comprehensive social strategy for brands that you are assigned to.
- Lead the team responsible for the execution of a social media strategy across all major platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc).
- Responsible for communicating key social strategies and frameworks for the team to clients, agency partners, and internal cross-functional partners. Responsible for the relationships and communication with those stakeholders.
- Some experience working with paid media (social) is a requirement. Expertise in this area is a huge plus.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to execute large-scale social programs and social extensions for advertising campaigns. It is your responsibility to be the social media expert and help them to think about things from a social-first perspective.
- Develop a trend and buzz monitoring program for the brand(s) you oversee and execute it through your team. Develop ideas for social content related to these trends.
- Develop the strategic insights related to the performance reporting and the process for which the reporting impacts future creative efforts.
- Prepare presentations and be comfortable presenting them to clients, agency partners and internal team members.
- Experience in management of small teams strongly suggested - will be responsible for managing and mentoring Community Manager level staff.
- Four year degree required.
- A minimum of 4 years of agency, brand, consultancy or client-side experience in digital or social marketing.
- A strong track record of innovative and fresh social executions and campaigns.
- Fluent with industry social data tools, trackers, and dashboards.
- Experience with creative development and community management.
- Knowledge and expertise in pop culture, social platforms, and influencer talent.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the department and agency with employees at all levels.
- Highly organized and strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Keynote, and Excel.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.