We are seeking a Brand Strategist to join our Los Angeles Strategic Planning team.
Brief Summary of the Position:
A Brand Strategist at Mullenlowe is perpetual challenger. A student of culture, business and consumer behavior. They are a dot-connector, big thinker and a doer who can find the answer to any question and then frame it in an unexpected way that gets people thinking. Strategists are responsible for bringing insights into the agency - be it cultural, business, brand or otherwise. They use a variety of frameworks and methodologies to uncover truths and inspire others within and outside of the department. Their creative, fun, collaborative and insatiably curious personality gives them the drive to be involved and the point of view to be sought out.
- Approach everything with a challenger mentality.
- Flexible, resourceful and nimble researcher that can uncover truths anywhere.
- Straightforward communicator and great presenter that questions, challenges and inspires others.
- Well-versed across channels, platforms, categories and industries.
- Sees things in data, culture and categories that others don't.
- Able to design and moderate primary research.
- Great brief-writer who can provoke breakthrough creative thinking.
Successful candidates will have experience managing the following responsibilities:
Research & Insights & Data
- Support in research, development and distillation of unexpected information and insights that drive our creative process.
- Comfortable diving deep into the 4C's: Culture, Consumer, Category and Core Equities of any business; interpret findings into actionable creative opportunities.
- Develop resourceful, creative and scrappy new ways to glean insights and own consumer research projects from start to finish including scheduling, budgeting, discussion guides and editing videos.
- Able to craft, hone and collaborate on creative briefs that provide a unique point of view and an unexpected jumping off point for creative development.
- Connect macro trends and micro findings to specific business objectives.
- Perform qualitative research - including one on one interviews, intercepts, ethnographies and focus groups - with empathy, inquisitiveness and agility, digging beneath the surface to find surprising insights that can lead to smart strategies.
- Develop engaging ways to deliver research findings (e.g., decks, book, video, boards) to inspire the team internally and get clients excited.
Business & Brand Strategy
- Work together with creative teams on a day-to-day basis to maximize the impact the work can have on the brand, the business, consumers and culture.
- Utilize brand strategy tools to develop, outline and clarify positioning, purpose, brand architecture and communication strategies.
- Represent the consumer in internal meetings and be the hands-down expert on our target consumer's behavior in the eyes of our clients.
- Support unique points of view with industry research, case studies and opportunities for brands to break through in culture.
Communications Planning & Integration
- Understands cross-channel communications and how to maximize different platforms for different ideas.
- Well-versed in digital strategy, cross-platform campaign planning and modern tools, trends and technologies.
- Partner with Media & Analytics team to find new ways of connecting KP ls to both business and creative results.
- 3-5 years experience in a strategy related role at an agency, consultancy, or brand.
- A Creative-driven approach to strategy and planning.
- Experience in crafting inspirational briefs that creatives actually use (please submit writing samples).
- Experience leading client business, client interactions and meetings.
- Can build and present strategies and tell engaging stories through presentations to clients and internal teams.
- Experience crafting communications that impact a brands bottom line.
- Experience working with national brands.
- Eager, Scrappy, and Passionate.
- Attention to detail and time management to deliver high quality work for multiple projects across several client engagements while meeting deadlines.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.