We are looking for a Lead Experience Designer to join our Boston Digital Creative team.
MullenLowe is an advertising agency on a mission to work with the most innovative marketers who aren't afraid to let their brands challenge the status quo. As a Lead Experience Designer, you will be tasked with a wide variety of assignments across the entire UX process. You will continually need to ask: does our campaign / experience / website / app effectively target our audience?
The deliverables you'll be expected to produce will depend on the project you're working on, but you can count on a diversity of clients, themes, and responsibilities. One project may require you analyze a content inventory, conduct card sorting research, create a sitemap, and then wireframe templates for a site. On another project, you may be asked to come up with ideas for how to create an immersive digital experience with a "smart" billboard, and then be asked to create user flows for how a person could interact with the experience you"ve pitched.
We are looking for someone who is capable of jumping into any project themselves, and also ready and willing to help guide and support junior members of the team.
We are looking for someone who is an independent, highly organized and detail-oriented individual who is eager to learn and collaborate in a fast-paced environment.
Collaboration and communication skills must be top-notch. This is a client-facing position and you should have experience presenting your work.
In this role you can expect to produce wireframes, site maps, user flows, functional requirements and other documentation. You should have a firm grasp of topics like user research, usability testing, accessibility and search optimization, as well as understanding the role of brand in creating holistic digital experiences. You will hone your presentation skills and be prepared to explain your designs to others.
- Ability to lead a project from start to finish or help guide more junior members of the team throughout a project.
- Ability to clearly document and outline projects from start to finish.
- Be able to estimate work for yourself and other members of the team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to communicate ideas to a non-technical audience and clients.
- Familiarity with various project-flow methodologies (agile, waterfall, etc.).
- Ability to work alone or with large interdisciplinary project teams.
Success in this role looks like:
The successful candidate has the ability to juggle multiple projects and should be driven, detail-oriented, amicable, a strong collaborator and hungry to do great work.
- A four year degree in design, communications, or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in user experience design, information architecture, or interaction design.
- Excellent eye for detail, and strong analytical, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency with drawing tools such as Sketch or Adobe XD and prototyping tools such as inVision is desirable.
- A working knowledge of current web technologies and responsive design techniques. Mobile and tablet design experience a plus.
- All applicants must provide a URL to a portfolio site. Applicants who do not provide a link to their portfolio will not be reviewed.
This position will work closely with:
The Lead Experience Designer will work closely with multiple departments in the agency, including Account Services, Digital Producers, Art Directors, Copywriters, Content Managers, Developers, and other groups, to ensure the highest quality work is produced.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.