MullenLowe Boston is seeking a Strategy intern.
With many long arms, each able to deliver a powerful blow, several hearts that beat in unison, and one sharp mind that shares a bold vision, MullenLowe is really unlike any other agency out there. We started with the merger of two kindred spirit agencies. We had complementary capabilities, but more importantly we had long histories of being very entrepreneurial organizations. We were scrappy to the core, and the result was one global creative boutique that shared the same vision: to work with the world's most innovative marketers.
Brand Strategy, Social Strategy, Communications Strategy, Digital Strategy, New Business Strategy, etc. you can call Strategy a lot of different things, but we call the people we want to work with smart, nerdy, funny, pop-culture vultures who move from one odd obsession to the next, curious book-worms who subscribe to multiple magazines, streaming services, and ways of thinking, deep-thinkers, lateral-thinkers, over-thinkers, storytellers who are fascinated by people and want to tell their stories.
If a few of those rang a bell, maybe you're a strategist - this internship will help you find out. MullenLowe Strategy interns are exposed to all types of strategy while working with a team on real clients and gain a better understanding of how you define Strategy and if you want to work in it.
MullenLowe's strategy team believes the most successful brands are useful, likeable, and interesting. So we position our clients to become magnets in culture, not just mirror it. We look to champion a purpose, build brand relevance, penetrate consumer indifference, and become an important part of everyday lives.
As a strategy intern, you will:
- Strategically/creatively brainstorm ideas for prospective and existing clients.
- Assist in the creation of pitch decks to be presented with prospective and existing clients.
- Uncover insights about people and find business opportunities for client brands/products.
- Spy and report back on our competitors for client brands and category communications.
- Support the strategy team in day-to-day tasks and requests.
People we want to work with are usually:
- Enthusiastic, optimistic, kind, and brave.
- Knowledgeable and understanding of parts of the Millennial cultural landscape (art, music, food, etc.).
- Fascinated with brand movements, cultural trends, subcultures, consumer behavior, etc.
- Keep up with trends in marketing/branding/advertising.
Candidates can come from any background, major, walk of life. Pursuing in advertising, or even a remotely related field is not mandatory.
- Undergraduate rising senior, graduate student, or recent graduate
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS).
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.